Tag: immigration

How to prepare a successful fiancé visa petition

If you are a U.S. citizen planning to marry a foreign national, a fiancé visa (K-1 visa) is the way to get your fiancé to the U.S.  It is important to note that a fiancé visa is only available to

Posted in Legal Tagged with:

H4 Visa and Divorce

As part of helping clients with divorce, inevitably, immigration questions come up.  The Bay Area has become a home to people from all over the world.  As a San Jose divorce lawyer, I have learned that it is important for

Posted in Legal Tagged with: ,

Divorce and Conditional Residence

Many immigrants lose their green cards because they forget to petition USCIS to remove conditions on their residence.  If you married a U.S. citizen and, at the time you got your green card, your marriage was less than 2 years

Posted in Legal Tagged with: ,